The Bhagwad Gita, which an excellent treatise on human life emphasizes the importance of remaining calm and composed in happy situations as well as in most challenging ones. In Chapter two, on the request of Arjuna; Lord Krishna defines the Stithpragya Purush’. He is the one who maintains equanimity in all circumstances. This definition encompasses the following qualities of a human being which may be difficult to develop but become.
The greatest asserts of an individual.
- Developing an ability to remain unperturbed amid sorrows. It gives strength to fight the daily battles of life effectively.
- The thirst for pleasure needs to be eradicated altogether. Pleasure will elude the pleasure seeker.
- The human being who is never upset because of fear of any kind. He is the one who can practice a positive attitude.
- The person who does not get lost in activities of any nature bust performs the same with an ardent sense of duty.
- The person may be likened to a tortoise which draws in its limbs from all directions and remains protected by the solid dome of its back.
It may difficult to imbibe these qualities in one’s personality, but with consistent practice the same can be achieved.